500HR Yoga Teacher Training
Halifax Yoga certifies yoga teachers at the international level with Yoga Alliance. Here at Halifax Yoga, we have been certifying quality yoga teachers for over a decade. The 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training is a course for professional development in Power Vinyasa Yoga, along with a multitude of other styles and disciplines.
You are welcome to join the 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training program provided you are certified with a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training certificate from Halifax Yoga or any other Yoga Alliance accredited school.
The courses for the 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training program are offered throughout the year. There are compulsory courses as well as electives, some of which may be offered online in the future. Currently all courses are in-studio at Halifax Yoga. You can progress at your own pace, and the workshops and courses on this list may be offered quarterly, bi-annually, or annually. Halifax Yoga recommends that you complete your 500-hour coursework within 3 years. This will ensure time to process and practice what you learn, as well as keep you motivated and on track for your certification.
Courses for the 500-hour certification must be completed at Halifax Yoga led by one of our designated certified instructors, unless otherwise approved by Halifax Yoga management.
Compulsory Courses (Contact Hours):
- 50HR Advanced Teaching Series pt. 1
- 50HR Advanced Teaching Series pt. 2 (Dates TBA)
- 20HR Trauma Informed Yoga (Dates TBA)
- 20HR The Art of Assisting (Dates TBA)
- 25HR Prenatal Yoga Training (Dates TBA)
- 35HR Yin Yoga Training (Dates TBA)
- 16HR Yoga in the Now: Hips, Knees, and Feet Focus
- Energetic Anatomy 3 Part Series (Chakras, Koshas, Kleshas) (Dates TBA)
Elective Courses (Contact Hours):
- Intro to Sanskrit (Dates TBA)
- Non-violent Communication (Dates TBA)
- Advanced Asana and Sequence Series (Dates TBA)
- Meditation Foundations (Dates TBA)
- Chanting Foundations (Dates TBA)
- Meditation, Mantra, and Pranayama (Dates TBA)
- Teaching and Feedback (Dates TBA)
- 32HR Yoga for the Spine Training
*Additional select workshops offered at Halifax Yoga may qualify upon approval*
Elective Courses (Non-contact Hours):
- 10 hours of yoga classes at Halifax Yoga (assessment form to be completed after each class)
Recommended Book List:
- Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Meditations from the Mat
- The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice
Registration & Certification:
To register for our 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training program: Please send an email with your full name, contact information, the name/location of where you did your 200HR YTT along with a copy of your certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your registration fee of $250 (plus tax). (Registration fee is non-refundable & non-transferable.)
Upon completion of your 300-hours of coursework at Halifax Yoga, including all designated Compulsory Courses, you may submit your documentation for approval and certification. Submit all documentation in one file/attachment to email@example.com and submit your certification fee of $150 (plus tax). (Certification fee is non-refundable & non-transferable.) Once approved, you will be awarded the 500-hour Yoga Teacher designation from Halifax Yoga.
For more program details, call the studio at 902-406-9642 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org